Friday, July 13, 2012

Veggie Frittata

I sometimes have this terrible habit of forgetting about things in my fridge. I dont know how or why but it happens and I hate wasting food. Well last night I was so not in the mood for a big dinner since we had a late lunch and the show I was watching made a frittata. I figured how hard could it be? And I was right. It was beyond easy, super tasty and completely Dukan. It also made excellent breakfast this morning! Can't go wrong with a double duty dish!


Veggie Frittata
Serves 2 
6 eggs
1/4 cup fat free milk
1 zucchini
1 yellow squash
1/3 cup mushrooms
1/3 cup bell peppers
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion power
2 tsp red chili flake
1/2 cup fat free cheese
salt and pepper

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Chop your veggies and put in a skillet over med high heat. Add all your yummy spices. Whisk your eggs, milk, salt and pepper in a bowl and push to the side. Once your veggies have become tender, scoop them in an 8x8 baking dish lightly sprayed with some pam. Pour the eggs on top and sprinkle with cheese and place in the oven for about 25 minutes. To know its done, stick a knife in just like a cake. If it comes out clean, its done :)

Next time I make this I will probably add some bacon or ham and rotel. It def had plenty of flavor but why not make it even better??

No comments:

Post a Comment