Thursday, July 26, 2012

My Favorite Model

Baby girl has been taking longer naps lately and that means more time to get stuff done for momma! I have really been wanting to make her some new headbands and yesterday was the perfect opportunity. I got out all my craft supplies and got to work!!


I am so obsessed with how these turned out!! They are way too adorable!! I found the tutorial here for the ones with ribbon. The polka dot one is like the big bow without the second layer. The flower one is just felt cut into flower petals and hot glued to a felt circle. Of course every baby girl needs her bling! I love the gems instead of buttons. 


My favorite model :) She looks so adorable in them!! 


Can I just say how proud I of human kind? The shooting in Aurora, CO was in every way tragic. One of the worst things to happen in America recently I would say. But that is not the part I am proud of. I am so amazed that Christian Bale took it upon himself to visit the shooting victims and medical staff in Colorado. Without any incentive from the production company he just did it out of pure kindness. Amazing.



On another note, I am sorely slacking in the grocery department. But last night I got creative with what we had in the fridge and came out with a pretty tasty dish. Not really Dukan but not too bad for you either. 


Shrimp Pasta with Lemon and Parsley Olive Oil Sauce
Serves 2
-1/2 lb of Shrimp deveined and with the tails off
- handfull of spaghetti or angel hair pasta
- 2 TBLS of butter
- 1 Lemon zested cut in half
- 2 tsp parsley
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup olive oil

Boil water for pasta and add a good amount of salt. This is the only time to season the pasta. Add the pasta and cook according to package. Melt the butter in a sauce pan and add the garlic, lemon zest and parsley. Let it all cook together and you will start smelling an amazing aroma of lemon. Slice half the lemon in small slices and add them and the shrimp to the butter. Cook until the shrimp is pink. Drain the pasta reserving a small amount of the cooking liquid. Add it all to the sauce pan and the olive oil. Cook it all together over medium for just a few minutes. Serve with the other lemon wedges and enjoy! Next time I will probably add some crushed red pepper for a little oomph. 

No comments:

Post a Comment