Sunday, July 8, 2012

At home Mani

I love taking time to give myself a proper manicure. It is so relaxing and gives me a little "mommy" time while the baby's asleep. Plus, why spend the extra $15-20 in a salon when I can do a perfectly good job myself. Now pour yourself a glass of wine, play some Michael Buble and let the pampering begin...


Items you need:
1. Nail Polish Remover & Cotton
2. Bowl with some yummy smelling soap
3. Towel
4. Nail File
5. Cuticle trimmer and pusher
6. Buffing Block
7. Vitamin E Oil
8. Lotion
9. Base Coat, Color, Top Coat

First remove all your nail polish. Fill the bowl with warm water and your soap. I suggest a body wash not dish soap, much more gentle. Soak your hands for about 5 minutes to get your cuticles nice and soft. Pat them lightly on your towel. File your nails to make them the same length and whatever shape you prefer. Im a fan of the squoval (square and oval) look myself. Push back all you cuticles and if you have cuticle trimmer, trim lightly. But be careful to not trim to close, you could hurt yourself. Practice makes perfect with the cuticle trimer. Buff all your nails to make them nice and smooth. I usually do my polish next starting with the base coat. Then do 2 coats of your preferred nail polish. My favorite brands are OPI and Sally Hansen Rapid Dry. Sally Hansen's is like 4 bucks and dries really quickly. I always apply a fast dry top coat as well. I don't always have 30 minutes to sit there and wait for them to dry. My fave top coat is China Glaze Fast Forward Top Coat it dries really quick and makes them oh so shiny. Once they are dry, apply the vitamin E oil on your cuticles and your lotion on top. The reason I don't do that before the polish is because the polish won't apply correctly and can bubble and peel off. If you get some nail polish on the skin around your nails, dip a small paint brush in remover and it will come right off. Now you have a professional looking mani all in the comfort of your own home! Sit back with your glass of pinot grigio and admire your pretty new nails! 


No comments:

Post a Comment