Monday, January 20, 2014

Review: A Confident Heart

I participated in P31 Online bible Study of A Confident Heart by Renee Swope this past fall/winter. Holy Cow this book is a life changer.

Please excuse the marker. My toddler thinks every book is a coloring book.

This is the book description from amazon is this :
Often the biggest obstacle to living out our faith is our own doubt--about our worth, our abilities, our relationship with God, and situations in our lives. A Confident Heart gives voice to the questions, doubts, struggles, and hopes so many women have. Author Renee Swope shows women how to identify, overcome, and even use doubt in order to live confidently in God's power, truth, and grace. Perfect for women's small groups or individuals, A Confident Heart is an authentic, insight-filled and encouraging message for any woman who wants to exchange destructive thought patterns with biblical truth that will transform the way she thinks, feels, and lives.

There are so many parts of this book that really hit home with me. I was in a place of insecurity when I read this book and it really helped me work through my struggles. Renee writes "We are worth his love because he chose to give it to us." Read that again for me. God has chosen to love us. He chose to send his send to redeem us from the grasp of sin and the future of hell. Amazing.

Another part I found helpful was when she says "Our hearts will always end up empty when we find out worth in anything but who we are in Christ." That sentence has found its place in my heart for good. I find I can attempt to fill myself up in material things rather than through God and his Word. I have a whole post on my quest to fill my spiritual thirst. Renee points out that we were created to be filled by God and him alone. When we try to find fulfillment in other things we will never be satisfied.

"A confident woman trusts God's trust. Even when she falls she doesnt stay down. Instead, she reaches for God's hand and rises again."

Girl if you are looking for a book to bring you back to God or strengthen your relationship with him, this is it. If you are struggling with your past or your insecurities you will love this book!!

You give me your shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me; you stoop down to make me great.
Psalm 18:35

No comments:

Post a Comment