Saturday, January 11, 2014

Today is a Gift

Dear mama:

I wont always cry when you leave the room, or beg to sit on your lap during dinner.


I wont always want to color on every inch of our house or drop goldfish crumbs wherever I go.


I wont always throw tantrums in the grocery store or fight my sleep until we are both worn out.


I wont always want to watch the same show or ask you to play with me.


I wont always want to wear your shoes or ask for your lipstick.


I wont always ask for a cookie for breakfast or hardly eat any dinner.



I wont always want to drink your coffee first thing in the morning or ask you to read the same book over and over again.

I wont always want to snuggle in your bed or get tangled in my covers.


I wont always want you to take me to the park or go down the slide a hundred times.



I wont always want to color on every inch of our house or drop goldfish crumbs wherever I go.



Take heart mama for these days will go as quick as they came. Remember I am still a baby learning my way in this world. I depend on you to guide me and teach me. Be patient with my never ending questions and remember these moments for one day they will be gone.


Remember today is a gift and to enjoy every inch of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment