Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Proof is in the Pudding

I have now been on the Dukan since the end of May. About 3 or so months. In that time I have lost 35 pounds! I am down 3 pant sizes and in my pre-pregnancy jeans and down almost 3 shirt sizes. When I was in Arizona visiting family in May, me and my mom did some shopping. My maternity clothes were too big but my pre pregnancy clothes were still too small. I could not even get my favorite jeans past my knees. Totally depressing. So we did some sale shopping because I knew I was going to lose the weight. However, I did not expect it to happen so fast! All the pants I bought while I was in Arizona have to be held up by a belt they are so big! I still want to lose a few more pounds and tone. All that skin from a baby doesn't shrink over night. But overall I am pretty happy with the results and how quick it has all been! I have not had to starve or deprive myself whatsoever. I weigh 10 lbs less now than i did before I got pregnant. You will see results just stick with it!

I am attacking again this week because last week we ate so terribly I can feel my body just revolting. We had your standard steak on monday but last night I was feeling creative. I wanted salmon and had some dill so I got to work and this is what i came up with!


Salmon with Soy and Dill
Serves 2
3 Salmon filets
3 TBSP fresh dill chopped fine
3 cloves of garlic, minced
juice of half a lemon
a tiny splash of olive oil (about a tsp)
1 TBSP of low sodium soy sauce
3 lemon slices 

Preheat your oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with foil. This will save you a mess of clean up. Combine the dill, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and soy sauce in a bowl and stir. Season your salmon with salt and pepper and place on the foil. Spread your mixture evenly over the salmon and add a lemon slice for extra flavor. Bake for 15-20 minutes until nice and flakey.



This was the finished product. My plate only had the salmon since I am attacking. I made him somerice and roasted broccoli. If you are in a veggie rut I urge you to try this broccoli!!! All you do is roast in the oven at 400 with some garlic, lemon juice and olive oil for about 10 minutes. I had to sneak a piece off!

I also made a tzatziki to accompany the fish. The fish had plenty of flavor but I love a good tzatziki. It goes great with chicken too.

Terrible picture I know. I am still learning!

Tzatziki sauce
8 oz greek yogurt
juice of half a lemon
salt and pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
1 TBSP dill chopped fine

Mix all together and let sit in the fridge to combine. Enjoy with fish, chicken and even as a dip for pretzels

No comments:

Post a Comment