Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Christmas in North Carolina

This Christmas was wonderful. I was unable to spend last year with my family so being here with them this year was truly a joy. Seeing them take part in Lindsey's excitement just warmed my heart. I love how much they love her and her them.

We spent most of December in a whirlwind of busyness. My parents returned from Iowa the second week of December and Lindsey's grandma and aunt visited from Ohio that same weekend. We did little decorating until mid December. Although, I think that actually helped remind us of what Christmas is all about.

I participated in a bible study with the women's ministry in my church this past november and it was solely focused on keeping Christ in Christmas. In the busy season of the holidays it is so easy to become stressed out and forget about what truly matters. For me and my family it is all about the birth of Christ. It is about the amazing day God became fully human to live his life as man to save us from our sins. The amount of love that takes is incomprehensible to me. But I am so grateful for it for now I have eternity with him in heaven. To me there is no gift worth that price and it is definitely not found in a store.

We baked cookies, sang carols, and just enjoyed the magic of Christmas together. What could be better?

The weather here has been absolutely beautiful this time of year



She had an early Christmas with her Ohio family. They got her some super fun toys including this minnie mouse big wheel. 


Such a focused little thing.





My mom has made the same sugar cookies every year since I can remember. They are absolutely delicious and totally addicting. She also whips up her own frosting that Lindsey obviously enjoys. 


Soo many cookies! We made plates and took them to our neighbors :)


Cranberry almond biscotti. These little bad boys are so good with a up of coffee in the morning. 



Soda Cracker toffee. So easy to make and even easier to enjoy.




We decorated cookies twice. Once with her family from Ohio and again with my brother and his girlfriend from Arizona. 




We spent Christmas Eve at Church like every year. Its usually my favorite service. So many amazing songs of praise. 


Our traditional Christmas Eve dinner minus tamales this year. Smoked sausage, Assorted crackers & cheese, olive tapenade, brie with pears & apples and petit fours. Of course wine and spiked egg nog are a must. 


She loves this little people nativity from my parents. She names all the people and animals. 


We always open presents on Christmas Eve in my family. This year with Lindsey we let her open her quiet gifts, clothes & books, on christmas eve and saved the noisy stuff for the next morning. 


No Christmas brunch is complete without a mimosa. That Cupcake Prosecco is amaze. 


I hope you all had a very blessed Christmas and New Years. 

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment