Friday, November 2, 2012

Pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting and apple cider glaze

Okay this is seriously the easiest, most delicious and moist cake I have made in quite sometime. The cake itself is only 2 ingredients. I was a little apprehensive as I was mixing it because it was really thick I though there was no way it would be that moist. But boy was I wrong. Give this bad boy a shot because frankly, its way to good not to.



This picture does not do justice. Blame it on the iPhone and my lack of photography skills.


Pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting and apple cider glaze
Makes a 9x11 pan
1 15 oz can of pumpkin puree
1 box yellow cake mix
1 tsp cinnamon

1 can cream cheese frosting

Glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
2 Tbls apple cider ( I used apple juice)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Preheat oven to 350. Mix the puree, cinnamon, and cake mix with a hand mixer until well incorporated. Spray a 9x11 pan with non stick spray and spread evenly. Bake for 25-30 min until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely and spread with your jar of cream cheese frosting. Mix ingredients for glaze until powdered sugar dissolves and drizzle over.

No comments:

Post a Comment