Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Good Stuff

I am beat. School is in full swing and baby has been teething for the past week. I barely have time to shower, let alone blog. I know I have seriously been slacking. Ill still post every now and then but right now, it just is not my top priority. I have a couple posts planned for this week, including baby girl's 6 months. Yeah thats how far behind I am.

Now to the good stuff. This recipe was just too amazing I knew I had to put it on here. If not for all of you, for me to remember to make it again. Yeah that good!! If you have never had goat cheese I strongly urge you to try it. You never know whether you like something until you give it a try :)


Herb and Garlic Roasted Chicken with Cranberry Goat Cheese and a Honey-Balsamic Reduction over roasted Asparagus
Serves 2
- 2 bonless skinless chicken breasts, pounded out to be a little thinner
- 1/4 cup Lawrys Herb and Garlic Marinade
- Cranberry Goat Cheese (use to your liking)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 lb of Asparagus
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil

I like to pound out my chicken a little to quicken the cooking process. I place the breast in a ziplock bag and go to town with a skillet. Mainly just to flatten the really fat part and make it the same size. After that, pour the marinade in the bag and let sit for 30 min-24 hours in the fridge. Once marinaded, preheat oven to 350 and place chicken in a baking dish. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until juices run clear. Take the goat cheese out of the fridge to bring to room temperature. Meanwhile, rinse asparagus and break the woody ends off. Line a baking sheet with foil (easy clean up) and arrange asparagus. Drizzle Olive Oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Once chicken is cooked, turn your heat up to 400 and cook asparagus for 10 minutes. While asparagus is cooking, heat honey and balsamic vinegar in a sauce pan over medium heat. Whisk it together and let it reduce. It will thicken up and be done at the same time as the asparagus. Grab your plate and start to assemble.  Place some asparagus on the bottom of the plate, lay the chicken on top. This is where your own taste buds decide how much goat cheese to spread on your chicken. Drizzle with the honey-balsamic reduction and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment