Thursday, September 27, 2012

Hello Fall

Fall has officially fell here in Northwest Ohio and I could not be happier!! I love the leaves changing colors, and the crisp cool air! It has been especially chilly the past few days. Nothing screams for soup more than chilly weather. I love chicken tortilla soup. It reminds me of my Grandma. She gets it anywhere and everywhere they serve it. I spiced this up a bit and its delish! Way easy too since I just threw everything in the crock pot.


Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
Serves 2 
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika 
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 7 oz can chopped green chilies
- 1 10 oz can Hot Rotel (we like it spicy but you can use regular if you arent a huge fan of the heat)
- 16 oz low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can black beans
- sour cream, cheese, tortilla strips, lime, avocado for topping

Place chicken in a well greased crock pot. Sprinkle Seasonings on top. Pour the rest of the ingredients over the chicken and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6. You can take the chicken out to shred it or leave it in and do it that way. Either way it is so tender it falls right apart. Top with your preferred toppings!

No comments:

Post a Comment