Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms

I have been on the Dukan Diet now for a full week and lost 8 pounds so far! I have moved on from the attack phase and started the cruise phase a few days ago. Today was a veggie and protein day and I made a delish lunch!! I love the stuffed mushrooms at Oreganos and wanted to recreate it Dukan style. Even if you aren't "Dukaning" this is still a flavorful and fulfilling lunch or dinner! I will definitely be making these again!



Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms 
Makes 2 shrooms
- 2 Portbobello Mushroom caps
- 1/2 lb of 80/20 ground meat
- 8 oz tomato sauce ( I used hunts)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (I used Del Monte with garlic and onion)
- Fat Free Cheese (any kind will do. I used cheddar)
- Oat Bran for the top. This really just depends on your preference but I used about a tablespoon per shroom
- spices (crushed red pepper, basil, salt, pepper, garlic, onion)

First brown the meat and add whatever spices you like. I listed the ones I prefer above. Once the meat is cooked, drain it and give it a slight rinse. Place meat back in sauce pan and add tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. At this point I added a touch more of the spices. Especially the red pepper flakes because I like it spicy. Bring to a slight boil and place a lid on it to reduce and thicken. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 and clean your mushrooms. Scoop out the inside and stem and place on a cookie sheet. What you scooped out of the mushrooms you can add to your meat and tomato mixture. Once the meat has thickened a little, use a spoon to fill your caps. I packed mine full! I didnt want to lose any of that deliciousness. Sprinkle your fat free cheese and oat bran on top. Bake for about 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Then eat. It all.


No comments:

Post a Comment