Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Drugstore Faves

I love a good deal. Seriously love. And for some reason, I am every advertising exec's dream come true. I am a sucker for trying new things. When I was visiting my parents in Arizona, we were watching tv and every commercial that came on it was like Oh I have that! I think I get it from my mom. She buys so much stuff from infomercials! They really know how to get you! Anyway, the past few months, I have made endless trips to Walmart and Walgreens trying the new things that have popped across my screen. These are a few things I will def be buying again!!

1. Garnier Fructis Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfecter BB Cream
BB creams are just making their way into the US and hearts of makeup junkies everywhere. This product is the least expensive of the other brands coming out. At only about $12 a bottle, Im in love! This BB cream says it evens discoloration, adds moisture, protects with sunscreen and gives a nice glowy finish. And guess what?! It really does! I have super sensitive and dry skin and this stuff is amazing! It is almost like a tinted moisturizer but I think much better. The coverage it gives is like a foundation but is light and refreshing. Perfect for summer months!

2. Garnier Fructis Skin Renew Anti Dark Circle Eye Roller

As a new mom, my lack of sleep was written all over my face. Especially in the dark circles that used to be my under eye region. I picked this up and love it! It gives great coverage and makes my eyes look much more awake after those nights when Baby L wants to hang out all night. It is very light and has a cooling sensation when applied. Every new mom should go and grab one. Seriously run, dont walk, to the drugstore!

3. Simple Eye Makeup Remover
I saw a commercial for this line a few weeks ago and was immediately intrigued. The brand claims they are the "sensitive skin experts" and that is what I need! I have extremely sensitive skin. Normally I wear waterproof mascara in the summer so I dont look like a raccoon if it starts sweating off but sometimes it is so hard to remove. This product has no oil, no harsh irritants, no artificial perfumes, no dyes, no greasy residue, and added provitamin-b5. I found it at Walmart last time I was there and figured I would give it a shot. It works great! Usually eye makeup removers really irritate my eyes and sometimes burn or sting. This one is very gentle but gets the job done! I am eager to try more products in this line. 

4. Suave Professionals Keratin Infused Dry Shampoo


For months I have been hearing all the rage for dry shampoos. Everyone is jumping out of their seats with excitement. Well not to be left out, I of course had to try one. I was not about to spend $20 on a product I was not sure about so I nabbed this one at Walgreens for like $4 or something super cheap like that. Let me say, this product is worth every penny. I am not a fan of washing my hair everyday. Mainly because I think it is drying and not good for my hair but by day 3 its looking a little shaggy. Thats when i add a couple sprits of this product to my roots and flip over to shake it in or blast it with a blowdryer to refresh that sad lifeless hair. Voila it bounces right back! It gives my hair life back and removes any grease that might be lingering. All without leaving any residue.

5. Nivea Soft Moisturizing Cream


I have been using this product for years and am completely obsessed. I have tried so many moisturizers for my face and have not found one that doesnt make me break out and is super rich and creamy. Except this one. I use it as face cream every night and morning. It isnt necessarily designed to be face cream although the product says, hands, body, face. But I swear by it. It has Vitamin E and Jojoba Oil and is super refreshing for my face. If you have sensitive and/or dry skin I highly recommend this product!


Thats my list of faves for now! Are there any you suggest I try??

No comments:

Post a Comment