Friday, January 11, 2013

Baby its cold outside


I hate the cold. I guess hate is really strong but being from the desert I do not know how to survive in the cold. The only plus is I love soup. And soup is great for the frigid blizzard weather out here in the midwest. I have made quite a few soups in my day but boy this one takes the cake. It is just pure comfort and you feel good eating it. 



Sweet Potato and Meatball soup
Makes a bunch ( me and the baby ate off it for a week and had enough to freeze)

10 oz baby spinach roughly chopped
32 oz chicken broth
1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 sweet potatoes, diced and peeled
1/2 cup of mini shell noodles
1 lb ground beef
spices (oregano, parsely, garlic, onion and basil)
1 tbls oat bran

Mix your beef, spices and oat bran together and roll into small meatballs. Place in a 400 degree oven for 20 min. Next throw everything else into a big pot and bring to a boil. Add your meat balls, reduce and cover for one hour until the potatoes are nice and tender. 

Thats it. Seriously. Easy peasy and way yum. I would say it was pretty healthy too.


Baby approved :)


No comments:

Post a Comment