Friday, December 28, 2012

Good and good for you

I love a meal that leaves me totally satisfied without feeling like Im about to be induced into a food coma. This meal hit every delicious spot and gave me energy to go about my mommy duties. Lately I've been really careful about what I have been eating. Lindsey has been up all night and my food needs to give me energy, not drain me. I love a greasy bacon burger with the rest of America but this momma needs a little more good for you food. The squash in this dish is to die for good.

Let me introduce balsamic herb chicken and butternut squash with brown butter... You're welcome :)


Balsamic Herb Chicken
serves 2
-2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Olive oil
- 1 Tbls rosemary, oregano, thyme, parsley
- 1 tsp honey

Mix the last 5 ingredients together and let chicken marinate for at least 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350 and cook for 25-30 minutes until the juices run clear. This all varies depending on thickness of the chicken breast.

Butternut Squash with Brown Butter
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 butternut squash (about 1 3/4 pounds), peeled, seeded, and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
1/2 cup low-sodium canned chicken broth
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon dark-brown sugar
Directions

Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until golden brown. Add squash; saute, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and tender when pierced with a fork, about 16 minutes.

Add chicken broth, the water, and brown sugar; cook until liquid has evaporated and squash is nicely caramelized, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat, and season with salt and pepper. Serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment